Monday, September 19, 2005

Freiburg

Was in Freiburg a couple of weeks ago for a friend's wedding
Had me thinking about the differences in the quality of life
As a confirmed City slicker I had never spent much time in the country
(Trips to villa dont count). Even in my 9 year stay here I have mever done anything remotely connected to rustic lifestyles - bar my one night in Kielder(thats another story)
Whereas everyone I met in Freiburg seemed to live a combination of city life and good ole country living. I suppose it helps having the black forest on your doorstep


So when in Rome; ok I admit my trips to through the woods was hardly extensive but it did give me a good picture on the differences. Watching families old and young on their trips through the woods, watching the kids play with the dogs. It all told of a far different lifestyle from both England and Nigeria. England well because of the widespread focus on activity, oh and the food(Germany is great for meats). Nigeria for the inclusion of nature. It saddens me that back home there is so much to see that I havent. Bar olumo rock and a couple of trips to the outskirts of Abuja I havent done much. Generally we dont do much like that back home (or is that a false perception)No trips to see our great rivers, climb our hills, journey through our forests. We have all this to do but we dont
Shame

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home